- today Ganduje writes President Buhari, "shelve your trip to Kano" | The Guardian Nigeria NewsKano state government has formally requested the presidency to postpone a two-day official visit of president Muhammad Buhari to Kano.... Read full »
- today New naira notes: Businesses grounded in Abuja, as Buhari calls for calm - Businessday NGGovernor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State had on Saturday, written to President Buhari, asking the president to shelve his proposed visit to the ...... Read full »
- today New Naira Notes: Ganduje sends letter to presidency, postpone Buhari's invitation to KanoGovernor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano state has confirmed that he sent a letter to the Presidency seeking for postponement of president ...... Read full »
- today PRP Will End Your Sufferings, Yakasai Tells Kano People - THE AUTHORITY NEWSFrom Maduabuchi Nmeribeh, Kano. The governorship candidate of the Peoples Redemption Party (PRP) for Kano State, Comrade Salihu Tanko Yakasai, ...... Read full »
- today With 10MW Solar Energy, President Buhari sets Kano Industry on the marchCity seeks to transform into nation's Solar State By Garba Shehu For an electricity distribution area, Kano DISCO that gets between 250-360 ...... Read full »
- today Revealed! Real reason Ganduje blocked Buhari from visiting KanoOver scarcity of new Naira notes in Nigeria, the Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, has stopped the proposed visit of President ...... Read full »
- today National Census Is An Economic Activity, Not Political, NPC Assures NigeriansThe Borno State spokesperson described censuses as political, saying every state ... there was really a dispute between Kano and Lagos,” he said.... Read full »
- today Governor Ganduje, Lawmakers Ask President Buhari To Suspend Kano Visit Over Hardship ...The Kano State government has written a letter to President Muhammadu Buhari, asking him to postpone his visit to the state due to security ...... Read full »
- today Ganduje Receives NNPP Supporters, Others In Kano - AllNews NigeriaKano State Chapter of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has received more defectors ahead of the February and March general elections in ...... Read full »
- today Effects of mixing alcohol with energy drinks - Experts 1 - Chronicle.ngKano child killer disease claims 25 lives, 58 suspected cases ... Salaudeen Waliu is in police custody in Ilorin, Kwara State.... Read full »
- today Naira Redesign: "Don't Visit My State Yet", APC Governor Advises Buhari - Legit.ngGovernor Ganduje has asked President Buhari to halt his visit to Kano state due to complaints from locals regarding the difficulty in obtaining ...... Read full »
- today 2023: Atiku woes tricycle riders support in Kano, promise to reduce tax... riders Kano state in order to woe their support. Read Also: Atiku meet farmers in Kano, promises commercial driven agriculture if elected.... Read full »
- today New Naira Notes: Ganduje Ask Buhari To Postpone Visit Over Security ConcernsTHE Kano State Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje acknowledged that he wrote to the presidency to ask for a delay in President Muhammadu Buhari's ...... Read full »
- today SocialMediaTrends: Nigerians react as Kanu denies endorsing Tinubu. More stories insideAbdullahi Ganduje, the governor of Kano state, got people talking as he wrote to the Presidency requesting that the President, Major General ...... Read full »
- today With 10MW Solar Energy, President Buhari Sets Kano Industry on The MarchFor an electricity distribution area, Kano DISCO that gets between ... To meet an irrevocable deadline, Kano state government was challenged by on ...... Read full »
- today Ganduje tells Buhari: People are angry, postpone your visit to Kano - The NEWS NigeriaThe Governor of Kano, Abdullahi Ganduje, the chief security officer of the state (like every sub-national) has advised President Muhammadu Buhari ...... Read full »
- today Atiku joins Tinubu, others to protest 'discomfort' in CBN deadline for old naira notesKano State governor Abdullahi Ganduje for the same reason told President Muhammadu Buhari to postpone his visit to the state as he is “deeply ...... Read full »
- today Don't come to Kano until currency crisis is over – Ganduje tells Buhari | News GazetteThe governor of Kano State, Mr. Abdullahi Ganduje has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to defer his January 30 and 31 planned visit to the state ...... Read full »
- today We Can't Guarantee Your Safety In Kano - Ganduje Tells Buhari - Politics - NairalandGovernor Abdullahi Ganduje has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to postpone his visit to Kano state, where his safety can no longer be guaranteed, ...... Read full »
- today Ganduje: I asked Buhari to postpone Kano visit over new naira deadline - Headlines.ngGovernor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano state has confirmed that he sent a letter to the Presidency to seek postponement of President Muhammadu ...... Read full »
See also news headlines from neighbouring states:
For more state news, go to Nigerian map and click on your preferred state.
Kano State, one of the 36 states of Nigeria, is located in the southwestern part of the country. It is bordered by the states of Jigawa to the north and east, Bauchi to the southeast, Kaduna to the southwest, and Katsina to the northwest. Kano consists of wooded savanna in the south and scrub vegetation in the north and is drained by the Kano-Chalawa-Hadejia river system.
The state’s light sandy soils are excellent for growing peanuts (groundnuts), a major export. Other crops include cotton, onions, indigo, tobacco, wheat, and gum arabic; millet, sorghum, beans, cowpeas, and corn (maize) are subsistence crops. Cattle, horses, goats, and sheep are grazed, and hides and skins are exported. Tin and columbite are mined.
Kano is known for its manufacturing centres producing processed foods, textiles, furniture, cement, rolled steel, and light trucks. The state is also famous for its light sandy soils are excellent for growing peanuts (groundnuts); a major export.
Other crops include cotton, onions, indigo, tobacco, wheat, and gum arabic; millet, sorghum, beans, cowpeas, and corn (maize) are subsistence crops. Cattle, horses, goats, and sheep are grazed, and hides and skins are exported. Tin and columbite are mined.
With the current trend of the internet, globalization is happening all over. You should stay up to date with the latest news in Kano State and prepare yourself for current happenings within the state. By grabbing the breaking news updates in Kano State, you can easily take important decisions.
On this page, you can glance through headlines from various sources, click on any news that interest you and analyze it yourself. This will help you to know whether the happenings are affecting you or your community as a whole and will enable you to take the right decision.
Moreover, if you are well aware of the current news in Kano State, you can help spread the news and also actively take part in debates with your friends, family, co-workers. Hence, you will easily share your thoughts and also get to know other personal opinions.
We help you stay abreast of the latest Kano State news today January 28, 2023 in real-time without you going through different news websites. We keep watch over the internet for news on or related to Kano State, aggregate the news headlines and make them available for you on one page. Newsgregate aggregate the latest news every 60mintues. Check back often because old Kano State news headlines are replaced with new headlines…
There are periods when Kano State’s latest news headlines are not available, due to inconsistent networks or server issues. Where there is no fresh news within an hour, our repeat signage will continue to display the last displayed news or none.